~/`~/`Tech Podium~/`~/`

About life as an info-tech-cum-psych-tech - arguing about what tickles my mind.
I like Internet Protocol (IP). Which version? Never mind. But I run on IP. Yes, I do ~/`~/`~/` on IP!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fresno, CA, United States

Regular guy? Maybe.
Was lucky enough to go places on foot, riding, driving, sailing (can't swim!), flying and even dreaming.
I do tricks connecting tech-devices - and that gave me the wherewithal to go places in Africa, Arabia, Europe, America and want to go to Asia, then into space to Mars (dream on, right?) !
Childhood pass time was always in a mechanical workshop fixing something - so i tinker a lot. Would like to learn to swim. Would like to learn to fly. I like meeting and knowing people.

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Unfinished biz: On Ugandan websites

Allow me to make my humble observation on the state of usefulness or the actual lack of it, that most websites owned and maintained by Ugandans are presently in. I do not want to mention so many, but let me single out a couple: first, www.era.co.ug (Electricity Regulatory Authority); second, www.cbsfmbuganda.com (CBS FM radio).

If these websites ever open at all, try to navigate around them and see how far you can stretch your "cyber patience". Cyber patience is a new phrase i coined to describe the general measure of how cool you can stay even when your favourite web portal is failing to load in time enough for you to stay interested in surfing the Net. It is also fitting to mention that in Uganda, www could easily mean "world wide wait".

But wait a minute, why do these website's webmasters ever post a link that they surely know is not working? Why do they never bother to do an online structured walk-through? Can't they afford to go to an Internet cafe, pay for an hour, and try out their handiwork the way the intended audience would? Sheer daft. Uploading a website is not enough, boy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear nzeFrank,

you have really been observant. by the way, the ERA website does not open at all. what a shame!
and the CBS FM website is a one page affair - no depth. it boasts of latest news as recent as September 2003.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

....................Please comment responsibly. Thank you....................

<< Home