~/`~/`Tech Podium~/`~/`

About life as an info-tech-cum-psych-tech - arguing about what tickles my mind.
I like Internet Protocol (IP). Which version? Never mind. But I run on IP. Yes, I do ~/`~/`~/` on IP!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fresno, CA, United States

Regular guy? Maybe.
Was lucky enough to go places on foot, riding, driving, sailing (can't swim!), flying and even dreaming.
I do tricks connecting tech-devices - and that gave me the wherewithal to go places in Africa, Arabia, Europe, America and want to go to Asia, then into space to Mars (dream on, right?) !
Childhood pass time was always in a mechanical workshop fixing something - so i tinker a lot. Would like to learn to swim. Would like to learn to fly. I like meeting and knowing people.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Seeing stars in… daylight!

Sometimes, you got to get out of your nest and do a bit of running around in order to re-orient yourself with the world around you. So, a couple of weeks ago, I decided to do just that.

Yes. Got my hands rustling through the dusty bookshelf papers, got my certificate of immunization against communicable diseases – required in my part of the world for cross-border travelers – dashed to the bus company and booked a ticket. The road was bumpy for most of the 1,300 kilometers or so, journey down to the Indian Ocean port city of Mombasa, Kenya.

Kenya, by the way, is one of the top destinations in Africa for travel-hungry Homo sapiens.

Luckily, I had sufficient good company too in the form of my better half- alluring!

After much walking in the sweltering sunshine, I got a chance to lie down by the enormous walls of an ancient seaside fort built by trigger-happy Portuguese imperialists and took a nap. As I lazily gazed into the endless clear blue sky, lo, I saw a star!

A star in broad daylight – with the tropical sun still hanging high up there majestically as ever – early afternoon.

It was such a sight. My mind wandered away into the esoteric and transcendental… distance, time, and space… questions that can never be accurately answered are still so many.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

....................Please comment responsibly. Thank you....................

<< Home